Pose for the paparazzi. Autograph your books.
Write like a dream, promote like a rock star.
Fame and fortune are yours!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Look back for the clues to your destiny

Photo by Willi Heidelbach

This photo of movable type brings back so many memories. In high school we had to take a shop class, so of all things I chose print shop. If I close my eyes I can feel the weight of the little pieces between my fingers. I can smell the metal. Talk about a destiny clue!

A destiny clue is an event, opportunity, or person that reminds you of what you're supposed to be doing with your life. I also believe in Carolyn Myss' concept of the "sacred contract," where at a certain level of consciousness we have agreed with various soul mates to help each other out to make things happen. 

So many of us are feeling rudderless right now. The economy, unemployment, and this psycho political season no doubt have contributed.

Don't let this shaky moment in time get you down. As a responsible grown up, your focus has been on making money and paying the bills, but I submit that this moment is about you getting back on track with your life mission. 

Try to remember what you loved to do as a child. Can you remember? When my son was a child I told him it would be great if he could get a job making toys. Guess what, he's the manager of a video game store!

Many of you have been laid off, but if you're reading The Celebrity Editor, that means the 9 to 5 probably isn't for you anyway. Believe me, I know how difficult it is to be suddenly jobless, but sometimes we need a kick to get us going.

Trust. Know that once you commit to your destiny, all that you'll need will be given to you – the right people, the right information, the right resources, the right opportunities. This is how blessings operate. They prepare you for your success and prosperity.

Donna Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment